cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [SHARE] VM migrations failing with Ubuntu 14.04.3
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:06:21 GMT
Hi all,

I’ve been testing a bug on KVM which involves VM migration, and in that process I found
that VM migrations failed in my environment twice even with clean setups of Ubuntu 14.04.3
(lastest and updated packages) based KVM hosts against CloudStack 4.5.2-SNAPSHOT (latest 4.5).

I wanted to share this issue to confirm if this is just my environment or if someone experienced
similar issue with latest Ubuntu 14.04 based KVM hosts.

The specific errors I found in the logs were something like "qemuMigrationCancelDriveMirror:1421
: Unable to stop block job”, which are likely reproduced by others such as:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2014-June/msg00057.html
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-12/msg03093.html

A possible solution could be to download libvirt to 1.1.x.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue

[cid:9DD97B41-04C5-45F0-92A7-951F3E962F7A]

M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Blog: bhaisaab.org<http://bhaisaab.org> | Twitter: @_bhaisaab

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.