cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][PROPOSAL] cleanup repo
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 14:40:35 GMT
+1

I think we can easily cleanup all branches that are 6+ months older.

On 03-Aug-2015, at 10:46 am, Rajani Karuturi <rajani@apache.org<mailto:rajani@apache.org>>
wrote:

+1 Agree. We have more than 200 branches.

~Rajani

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 4:39 AM, Boris Schrijver <boris@pcextreme.nl<mailto:boris@pcextreme.nl>>
wrote:

+1

Best regards,

Boris Schrijver

TEL: +31633784542
MAIL: boris@pcextreme.nl<mailto:boris@pcextreme.nl>

   On August 2, 2015 at 5:17 PM Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl<mailto:wido@widodh.nl>>
wrote:

   On 08/02/2015 03:46 PM, Daan Hoogland wrote:
As we are changing our review process I want to clean up the
repository at apache getting rid of stale branches. Of course the
release branches of old releases should stay, but a lot of old
branches have been merged at unknown places in the master or old
release branches. I want to propose to delete them as much as
possible.

- I want to delete any branch that has no commits newer then one
year
old
- I want to ask the last commiter on any branch with commits newer
then one year to review if 'their' branch can be removed
- All branches that are merged back are to remain untouched.

ideally only the branches 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 and master
will
remain as branches HEAD. This is unfortunately not true for some
older
releases that were never merged back into their respective release
branches. Any work in progress will of course not be touched.

comments?

   Nope, a good idea. We should remove old branches. I'd say that
   everything over 6 months is also old.

   Wido

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue

[cid:9DD97B41-04C5-45F0-92A7-951F3E962F7A]

M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Blog: bhaisaab.org<http://bhaisaab.org> | Twitter: @_bhaisaab

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.