cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Giri Prasad <g_p...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Mouting Dvd/Cd Rom from VM and Vm Networking
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 05:56:48 GMT
Hi All,

 I have installed Cloudstack 4.4 on Ubuntu 14.02 LTS. Have also created two vm's like Centos6.5
and Windows 7, both 64 bit.

The Ubuntu 14.02 LTS is showing me a Realtek driver, when the lspci command is issued.

 When I go into VM1 of Centos 6.5, install it, detach the iso, and then reboot the vm. Upon
logging into the Centos VM, the networking is working cleanly from inside this Centos VM.
That is, pinging, browsing etc is working perfectly good with this Centos 6.5 VM.

Then created a Windows7 vm, installed the os on the vm, detached the iso, and rebooted this
windows vm. When I log in into this Windows7 vm the network is not connected. Upon inspecting
the networking connections, windows is showing that it is using, Intel driver, which apparentely
seems not correct.

 Please advise, how to enable networking from this Windows7 vm running onCloudstack 4.4 on
Ubuntu 14.02 LTS, 64 bit versions.

 Also please inform, on how to mount the dvd/cd rom, from the vm, in a single server cloudstack
installation setup.

Thanks & Regards,
Giri