cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Revisit Process for creating Blocker bugs
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 08:25:08 GMT

> On Aug 4, 2015, at 6:48 PM, Ramanath Katru <ramanath.katru@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> Daan,
>
> I beg to differ. This is very much a product issue. We cannot knowingly release with
an existing/working functionality broken. Especially if it is one of the features that users
expect to be there. Remote Access VPN is an example. Right now this functionality is broken.

Then as contributor to cloudstack, put this ticket as a blocker (if you feel it needs to be
a blocker).

Then the RM will have to deal with it and a discussion might follow on the list to solve this
particular issue.

> Ram Katru

general public are two different things.

> Daan
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Ramanath Katru <ramanath.katru@citrix.com> wrote:
>> While we can say if a bug doesn’t effect "majority" of current users, we can go
ahead and release, but we should also look at a product perspective not just release perspective.
There are some features that are important for cloudstack as a product and these cannot be
broken in a release. If we do not evaluate from a product perspective, then we will be turning
potential new users away.

>> Ram Katru

For this as purely hypothetical case I would say, release. We can not have other users abstain
from badly needed features because one can not share in the joy. We would have to release
a fix for this afterwards.