cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Need Info on configuring cloudstack HA
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 19:05:41 GMT

On 08/03/2015 05:58 PM, Nux! wrote:
> Hello,
>
> "KVM" itself does not have a built-in HA engine, since it's just the hypervisor.
>
> The HA in this case is handled by the Cloudstack management server, it will make sure
your instance is always UP as long as
> the service offering has "Offer HA".
> e.g. http://storage4.static.itmages.com/i/15/0803/h_1438617503_4305698_2ca336f081.png
>
> Obviously, HA assumes primary storage is usable from all hypervisors, so this means shared
storage (NFS, CEPH, shared mount point etc), it will not work with local storage.

Keep in mind that ONLY when using NFS there will be a heartbeat written
to the storage.

Currently HA is the safest to use when there is at least one NFS primary
storage available.

Wido