cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prat...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Problems with first steps of CS plugin development
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 01:53:54 GMT
The document is bit outdated, you need to do following three things:

1. You need to add the new cmd in ManagementServerImpl.getCommands() or your impl of pluggable
service as:

2. Then you need to tell spring that the above is a bean and exists "<bean id=“YourService"
class="org.apache.cloudstack.plugin.YourServiceImpl" />”
    This should be in “<plugin>-context.xml” inside resources folder of your plugin.

3. You need to add your command in command.properties.in with proper access flag.

-abhi

> On 20-Aug-2015, at 5:47 pm, Giebner, Sascha <Sascha.Giebner@bautzen-it.de> wrote:
>
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm trying to complete this tutorial for the development of a Cloudstack API plugin:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+API+Development
>
> I checked out the latest version from the cloudstack master and followed the tutorial
to the letter, however when I try to call the API, I always get the following JSON response:

> {"errorresponse":{"uuidList":[],"errorcode":432,"cserrorcode":9999,"errortext":"Unknown
API command: getTimeOfDay"}}

> I've been digging around in the cloudstack code, unfortunately with no success until
now. Everything compiles fine, so I suspect there may be something wrong with the maven configuration.
However since this is my first time using maven, I'm a bit overwhelmed.
> Do you have some hints for me?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Sascha Giebner
>
> --