cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: Need Info on configuring cloudstack HA
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 15:58:03 GMT
Hello,

"KVM" itself does not have a built-in HA engine, since it's just the hypervisor.

The HA in this case is handled by the Cloudstack management server, it will make sure your
instance is always UP as long as
the service offering has "Offer HA".
e.g. http://storage4.static.itmages.com/i/15/0803/h_1438617503_4305698_2ca336f081.png

Obviously, HA assumes primary storage is usable from all hypervisors, so this means shared
storage (NFS, CEPH, shared mount point etc), it will not work with local storage.

HTH
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro