cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Bharat Kumar <bharat.ku...@citrix.com>
Subject [Proposal] Minimise VR downtime during network update.
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:41:55 GMT
Hi,

Currently we use redundant virtual router enabled networks to prevent network outage even
if one of the virtual router fails. This is achieved by using redundant virtual routers along
with VRRP protocol. This has increased the network robustness. However  updating a network
with new network offering involves some downtime due to Vr restarts. In case of redundant
VR based networks we can sequence the network update operations to update the backup first
and then update the master while master's operations are being handled by backup, this way
i think we can minimise the downtime.

link to FS.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=61310469

Please review the FS and give suggestion or comments.

Thanks,
Bharat.