cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <r...@remi.nl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release principles for Apache CloudStack
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 17:46:03 GMT
Hi Daan,

Indeed. I prefer committing to master first, as it will ensure everything ends up there (unless
some specific use cases). Currently, we have the risk of forgetting to include a fix to a
release branch back to master.

When we reverse it, some bug fix that should end up in the x.y branch, is committed to master,
then also applied (or reimplemented) to x.y. If you then only take one of the two steps, there
is no issue as it will be in master only (and people will notice). In the other situation,
when we accept a PR to x.y and forget to merge back, we possibly introduce regression bugs.

I will update the diagram and wiki later tonight.

While reviewing PRs, let’s be alert to see PRs not pointed towards master and at least discuss
it.

Regards,
Remi