cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <r...@remi.nl>
Subject Re: IRC and Slack
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2015 19:00:19 GMT
Hi all,

I setup a gateway that sends messages back and forth. Let me use it for a while to so I can
tweak it if needed. It also needs to prove how stable this is.

This is what it does:
Freenode #cloudstack <<===>> Slack #general

So, item 3 from the list done and this will help me doing item 2 as well ;-)

Hope this is a good solution for all!

Regards,
Remi

> On 04 Jul 2015, at 18:37 , sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think we are all in agreement here, so let's move on with:
>
> -consolidate #cloudstack and #cloudstack-dev (who can do that ? )
> -let's try to be more present on IRC (that's for everyone )
> -let's try to setup some slack/IRC proxy so that folks who are using Slack right now
can make the IRC folks benefit from their conversation. ( I think Remi said he would test
something out)

> -sebastien
>

> On Jul 4, 2015, at 6:27 PM, Remi Bergsma <remi@remi.nl> wrote:
>
>> John,
>>
>> All we did was quickly setup as POC to test it out with some folks. I never said
it should replace anything in its current state.

>> Regards, Remi
>>

>>> On 04 Jul 2015, at 16:32 , John Burwell <john.burwell@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Remi,
>>>
>>> The fact that a chat channel is limited to those with an @apache.org account
and requires knowing who to ask for invitation runs counter the Apache Way.  Chat channels
should be open and discoverable by all.

>>> I am with Nux, -1 for anything like Hipchat, Slack, etc.  If some folks prefer
Slack or Hipchat.  I have no issue with those that wish to run their own IRC gateways to these
services.  However, I believe the official means endorsed by the community should be Freenode.

>>> Thanks,
>>> -John
>>>
>>> ---
>>> John Burwell (@john_burwell)
>>> VP of Software Engineering, ShapeBlue
>>> (571) 403-2411 | +44 20 3603 0542
>>> http://www.shapeblue.com

There currently are around 30 people, mostly dev from this list.

me, Daan, Rohit, Wilder or Funs for an invite (for now). I can imagine we setup some other
structure for this later on. If you want to be admin, just ping me.