cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Commit to master through PR only
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 08:51:18 GMT

On 09-Jul-2015, at 2:14 pm, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>>
wrote:

- This seems to be already failing, under the Apache way IMO there is no way we can enforce
and ensure that at least two people would review any and every PR. There are already a growing
number of open PRs that we cannot close unless we get 2 LGTM. Should we put some sort of maximum
wait time on PRs that attract no attention (review or discussions), say of 72 hours (excluding
weekends) so at least committers can merge their changes?

Forgot to explicitly add in the suggestion above - Such attention-deficit PRs (no review,
discussion or comment of any sorts) should only be merged if Travis is green along with other
automated jenkins jobs (rat, build etc) we’ve setup.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue

[cid:9DD97B41-04C5-45F0-92A7-951F3E962F7A]

M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Blog: bhaisaab.org<http://bhaisaab.org> | Twitter: @_bhaisaab

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.