cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Commit to master through PR only
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 07:39:52 GMT

On Jul 1, 2015, at 9:35 AM, Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrigues@schubergphilis.com> wrote:

> Nice!
>
> I spent couple of hours this morning to review a few PRs.
>
> But we still have too many of them and not many people reviewing/testing, which makes
the process a bit slow.

I expect this week to get slow. It's July 4th week end in the US.

And it's a new process.

IMHO there is no problem in being a little slow and having a back log of PRs as long as it
make releasing faster.

And it will motivate everyone to review.

> From the guys who usually review PRs, who is currently on holidays?
>
> Cheers,
> Wilder
>

>> On 29 Jun 2015, at 11:27, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ok we are on,
>>
>> Starting today, commit to master through PR only.
>> 2 LGTM needed for merge.
>> If Travis fails, we can still merge given a good explanation of why (since travis
has issues once in a while).

>> I will keep an eye on commit, at least once a day, and ping the list if I see a commit
that went in without a PR.

>> thanks, let's give this a shot, goal being of course to stabilize master for 4.6.
>>
>> Everyone should start testing master as if it were a release branch now.
>>
>> -sebastien
>>

>> On Jun 28, 2015, at 9:17 AM, Remi Bergsma <remi@remi.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Let’s do it!
>>>
>>> Starting tomorrow we’ll commit to master through PR only (as described below),
and we’ll evaluate this at Sept 30, 2015.

>>> I’ll put a reminder in my schedule to start the thread.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Remi

2 LGTM and green Travis results)

for everyone- which is an easy way to gate our own commits building up to a PR.