cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Revisit Process for creating Blocker bugs
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 18:33:44 GMT
-1 blocker means blocker and blocks a release. No one should be able
to block a release on their own. We should treat the critical category
as a staging area for those issues.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Naidu@citrix.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> Categorizing an issue as blocker/showstopper should need some kind of moderation. One
possibility, voting and/or require approval from certain # of PMCs. Alternately, this could
also be left to the discretion of the RM.

> Regards,
> Somesh

 I heard and do understand that someone can create a blocker defect and may not actively involve
in closing it out and it doesn't help the product.  I am not clear if we are doing this at
and around RC time - however it doesn't matter.

> IMHO, feel that someone's involvement should not be taken as a reason for incorrectly
categorizing a defect, meaning a blocker defect being created as a Critical and opening up
a discussion to review.  If no one supports the defect/issue, we will be putting out a release
that has showstopper issues.

--
Daan