cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Kishan Kavala <Kishan.Kav...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Release principles for Apache CloudStack
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 12:03:44 GMT
Remi,
 Release process looks good to me. Can you also add some info about maintenance release?
- After release, will the fixes go into x.y branch and merged back to master?
- or bug fixes go into master and selectively merged back to x.y branch?

-----Original Message-----
From: Remi Bergsma [mailto:remi@remi.nl]
Sent: 02 July 2015 17:17
To: <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: [DISCUSS] Release principles for Apache CloudStack

Hi all,

We already agreed contributions should always go via a PR and require two LGTM’s before
we merge. Let me propose the next step on how I think we should do release management for
4.6 and on.

I talked to several people over the past weeks and wrote this wiki article:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Release+principles+for+Apache+CloudStack
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Release+principles+for+Apache+CloudStack>

If you like this way of working, I volunteer to be your RM :-)

Like folks suggested earlier, it would be nice to work on this with multiple people. So, feel
free to join. Maybe @dahn @bhaisaab and/or others are willing to teach me some of their tricks.

Regards,
Remi