cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Revisit Process for creating Blocker bugs
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 15:51:26 GMT
+1

Categorizing an issue as blocker/showstopper should need some kind of moderation. One possibility,
voting and/or require approval from certain # of PMCs. Alternately, this could also be left
to the discretion of the RM.

Regards,
Somesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Raja Pullela [mailto:raja.pullela@citrix.com]
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2015 11:15 AM
To: CloudStack Dev
Subject: Revisit Process for creating Blocker bugs

Hi,

I am requesting to see if we can revisit the process for creating "blocker" defects.  I heard
and do understand that someone can create a blocker defect and may not actively involve in
closing it out and it doesn't help the product.  I am not clear if we are doing this at and
around RC time - however it doesn't matter.

IMHO, feel that someone's involvement should not be taken as a reason for incorrectly categorizing
a defect, meaning a blocker defect being created as a Critical and opening up a discussion
to review.  If no one supports the defect/issue, we will be putting out a release that has
showstopper issues.

Please share your thoughts and concerns for or against lifting this restriction!

Raja