cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] PR list length
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:02:20 GMT

On 14-Jul-2015, at 5:26 pm, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com<mailto:daan.hoogland@gmail.com>>
wrote:

H,

It is a concern to me that the list of PRs on our github page is
beyond a single page (maybe configurable but now a t a very reasonable
25). I think we should adhere to a discipline of not having any PRs
open after the weekend. This is putting a very strong statement
outthere, I realize. A PR might be under heavy construction and very
big (which should result in a discussion about splitting it!) I
Discussed this with Wilder and the idea popped up to have a seven day
limit on (undicussed) PRs. This is however more sensible from an
automation point of view then from a development discipline point of
view. A regular cycle of closing-or-discarding PRs makes more sense.
The list of PRs remaining open is slowly but very steadily growing
over time.

thoughts?

Sounds good, 1 week+ open PR which has green checks (rat, jenkins build, travis), no objections
from anybody (and perhaps with at least one LGTM) should be merged on master.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue

[cid:9DD97B41-04C5-45F0-92A7-951F3E962F7A]

M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Blog: bhaisaab.org<http://bhaisaab.org> | Twitter: @_bhaisaab

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.