cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <john.burw...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: IRC and Slack
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2015 14:32:03 GMT
Remi,

The fact that a chat channel is limited to those with an @apache.org account and requires
knowing who to ask for invitation runs counter the Apache Way.  Chat channels should be open
and discoverable by all.

I am with Nux, -1 for anything like Hipchat, Slack, etc.  If some folks prefer Slack or Hipchat.
 I have no issue with those that wish to run their own IRC gateways to these services.  However,
I believe the official means endorsed by the community should be Freenode.

Thanks,
-John

---
John Burwell (@john_burwell)
VP of Software Engineering, ShapeBlue
(571) 403-2411 | +44 20 3603 0542
http://www.shapeblue.com

> On Jul 3, 2015, at 4:17 AM, Remi Bergsma <remi@remi.nl> wrote:
>
> I setup a proof-of-concept a while back to test it: http://cloudstackdev.slack.com. There
currently are around 30 people, mostly dev from this list.

> Anyone with an @apache.org account can sign-up and anyone else could ask me, Daan, Rohit,
Wilder or Funs for an invite (for now). I can imagine we setup some other structure for this
later on. If you want to be admin, just ping me.

> Regards,
> Remi
>

>> On 3 jul. 2015, at 10:10, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 9:27 AM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Some great ideas in there.
>>>
>>> I am +1 for:
>>>
>>> -consolidate #cloudstack-dev and #cloudstack
>>> -move bots to #cloudstack-announce
>>> -Remi's idea to publish slack message to #cloudstack (and vice versa).
>>> -the idea to use something like discourse or stack overflow etc…
>>>
>>> Somebody wants to take this on :)
>>>

>> +1 :-)
>>
>> Is this slack available already? If so, how do I get an invitation?
>>
>> --
>> Erik

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.