cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Raja Pullela <raja.pull...@citrix.com>
Subject Revisit Process for creating Blocker bugs
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 15:14:33 GMT
Hi,

I am requesting to see if we can revisit the process for creating "blocker" defects.  I heard
and do understand that someone can create a blocker defect and may not actively involve in
closing it out and it doesn't help the product.  I am not clear if we are doing this at and
around RC time - however it doesn't matter.

IMHO, feel that someone's involvement should not be taken as a reason for incorrectly categorizing
a defect, meaning a blocker defect being created as a Critical and opening up a discussion
to review.  If no one supports the defect/issue, we will be putting out a release that has
showstopper issues.

Please share your thoughts and concerns for or against lifting this restriction!

Raja