cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Fairly serious system VM template issue.
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 01:41:08 GMT
Todd,

You may use the new systemvm templates from here:
http://packages.shapeblue.com/systemvmtemplate/4.5/new/

They include the 32bit binaries and libraries to run vhd-util.

> On 03-Jul-2015, at 6:24 pm, Todd Hebert <thebert@digiweb.ie> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> One of my co-workers and I just installed a Cloudstack 4.5 system.   All seemed well
until we started trying to import templates from another system we manage.

> The SSVM downloads the image, then check it using the "vhd-util" utility from XenServer.
>
> The error generated is "/bin/vhd-util no such file" or something along those lines.
 This failure to check the VHD files causes the template imports to fail.

> This is apparently is caused by vhd-util being a 32-bit binary, linked to 32-bit libs,
and there being no 32-bit libs present on the SSVM image.

> Using advice from this article: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/9d8a62d0ee379bf8b67405944c86f68587245db6
>
> we were able to get the system importing templates alright, but this isn't a permanent
fix of the system VM template.. if we ever change our SSVM, we lose the modifications.

> I'm loathe to modify the SSVM template in the system myself, as I don't have the facilities
to test if this change would break other functions such as VR's etc..

> If whomever deals with such things could create a new system VM template that contains
the libs, or uses a statically-linked vhd-util executable, and let the list know where to
get it & how to replace the existing system VM, that would be grand.

> Thanks!   :)
>

> Todd Hebert
> Hosting engineer
>
> E: thebert@digiweb.ie