cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Out of Band VR migration, should we reboot VR or not?
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 12:44:44 GMT
Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Remi Bergsma [mailto:RBergsma@schubergphilis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 3 June 2015 18:13
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Out of Band VR migration, should we reboot VR or not?

I think the aggregate approach is much better (missed that mail at). Great it is available
in 4.4 as well so we can fix it in both 4.4 and 4.5 in the same way.

On 03 Jun 2015, at 14:38, Koushik Das <koushik.das@citrix.com> wrote:

> I think as a design principle we shouldn't introduce HV specific checks in the orchestration/API
layers.
> I am not sure if the problem is specific to Vmware. Any out of band VR movement can lead
to this issue. For now it is seen in Vmware but what about other HVs where CS relies on native
HA provided by HV.

lost. Rebooting VR from CS re-applies all the rules. Either the reboot is done manually from
UI/API or automatically as was done as part of CLOUDSTACK-7994.

> I haven't looked at the aggregate command. If it can be used to apply rules on VR without
a reboot then that should work as well.

> -Koushik

commands for VR, this behaviour is unnecessary.

> The VR in 4.5+ supports aggregated execution of commands on VRs to
> allows us to achieve eventual consistency of VR state without actually
> rebooting it, see this for details:
>
> Please share your comments on whether if we should revert the fix or not, and the best
way to do it. Thanks.

> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
> M. +91 88 262 30892 |
> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
> Blog: bhaisaab.org<http://bhaisaab.org> | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>

> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
> services
>
> IaaS Cloud Design &
> Build<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1dxwCI-iCtF6Z_nBrHijVPBNYijQKrOiFTNA
> yoWGJy4rj0SYtw0-E0Y0pAkH3D-NB0b01e1nt_XkrPm26uaNt3xXaVo4ZbAU7coVeFNM7k
> zqwOki5MLTTck7Y8OTbP1c-Zv9PMiy-M43LI_uAvDx-mT_q0vQcDZCt4fKB5W9A3-8Bdv5
> rzE0m03ik1kkWENKj/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fiaas-cloud-design-and-b
> uild%2F%2F> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment
> framework<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1KBMX-P7Uz8rk1CFZiKEJ6XOBtwCL6e4
> cxHjHhKOIeqCjjNcPHHrb0GoqH0CpXLUo42d8MsSS0X8jUVxeUQUuCEywQ8cHO7-Kakvme
> WrimKoqc3jlsmu_OgNQqdMRNwrO_uw71z7aOol5O-nshuUYfVgArT2kp2roAFkOUfEGQ2u
> yy18JLB5k2WhCMiyVyNs1/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcsforge%2F>
> CloudStack
> Consulting<http://secure-web.cisco.com/18B_NmraREMmC8vTWKXxDVFNi6uVPHo
> lLmQtOC5pxOCqqVKFHBRYmXzR0e97TssbyoSyR90ruMa9xhxhyhPzd1nHvmYZXJWuiWx5e
> G0625EWlv3ZmrPpKJQcMrxeXCP4RXYkxVrnqKj-V0pH1AMKLwP5WRSrohlcx2oht8DsGOc
> yHmpFGdATnwmsBwW15ubts/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-consult
> ancy%2F> CloudStack Software
> Engineering<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1YTx4foSk2LL4qOkJ6hp8arX_tkHSg
> GLRhcrIh4tiJcMv4yOrG9LDzy23u-Of4to5Vw7pzPe7Z2BtX6UOObpoMHTu1Ygga8bXXaP
> X063jdDnTXVIeAzV86Qiya0QaVMLi8Yr7h619NJTW99-b2MVlgfrhYr2y0-xhqyX8x_qwx
> JsJ7ImNvcIeqtzluHsyEMwW/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-softwa
> re-engineering%2F> CloudStack Infrastructure
> Support<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1mWtUTi0OKF8weMnbfj_o1Xj1zQYn6dXle
> wUgkdu2L6UuSQi2hZdVPstsZ4PKm8seKRW9wKYnvF70hbKmhFdfk6XVguYW3ZXOBYvkNdi
> BK-yy31X-1Y4f2ESLclUvykFEl7X-hNmgBZkXpgP-uBL1ohAu36e0HtgdNE1zuX04JWN1Y
> QzfKcYUHCb7GeKszF3x/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-infrastruc
> ture-support%2F> CloudStack Bootcamp Training
> Courses<http://secure-web.cisco.com/16ybXVrdBe17I4mnCuuKp4rP7MHtjPD8iK
> c-dybhmY02WlxPCR05bGrGVQcpjdJyLH0Iw_X1oC5orlEkNVEpIQLjDWOdf3rsjI2WOQTE
> CMHhA89ZuuE_96g0HQ-eLw_ylw4XsSOUq6KPyLjYryreJO38qidzmHjY6bxYb1MpUr9E7s
> Cwzq_XBVDBdZFH5gdWF/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-training%2

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.