cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: 4.6
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 21:08:57 GMT
Hi Sebastien,

> On 08-Jun-2015, at 9:43 pm, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We need to freeze 4.6 asap.

Good idea. Can you suggest a hard date though, say first week of July? This will buy us some
time to merge on-going efforts, review and merge pending PRs and fix critical issues shared
on dev MLs.

There are few outstanding issues that I would have wanted in 4.6, but I guess they can be
done in 4.7:

- Debian 8 based systemvm template, VR cleanup and improvements
- Replacing openswan with strongswan
- ipv6 support, routed ipv4/ipv6 network support and network refactoring work

> I originally agreed to RM 4.6 and Daan also stepped up.

Can you also share your plan with respect to release schedules once we decide on a freeze
date for 4.6? Plans or timelines for 4.7?

If master will be frozen (good idea btw, instead of cutting a separate branch) till 4.6 is
released, how should the developer community work on refactoring work and new features?

Also, we will need to fix packaging if we want to support systemd based Debian 8 and Ubuntu
15.04, also improve packaging for CentOS7 and Fedora 21/22.

> But I would like to work on doing a release of ec2stack and gcestack, so I will step
down from 4.6 RM.

> Anybody wants to jump in.

Happy to co-pilot 4.6 release process if needed.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com