cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.6
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 10:33:40 GMT

On Jun 8, 2015, at 11:45 PM, Remi Bergsma <remi@remi.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can jump in and work with Rohit and Daan to make 4.6 happen.
>
> +1 for the QA on master. It would be best if we could then all focus on stabilizing 4.6
aka master and wait with refactor stuff and new features until 4.6 is out, which is the start
of 4.7.

> On the other hand, building new features in the mean time isn't a big issue, as rebasing
to a master that gets more stable every day is much easier than it is today I'd say. You just
cannot merge new stuff until 4.6 is out.

> Let's write down some guidelines and see if this approach makes sense.

Maybe that's something that you can do at the meetup today and bring it back to the list as
a proposal ?

When I talk about freeze I am thinking just letting the RMs commit on master, everyone who
wants something in 4.6 should submit a PR.