cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Out of Band VR migration, should we reboot VR or not?
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 11:48:10 GMT
Hi all,

Recently a behaviour was reported for ACS 4.5.1, where out of band VR migration would cause
rebooting of VR. It seems this is a desired behaviour as per this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-7994

It was shared on the thread on users ML that since CloudStack now supports aggregate commands
for VR, this behaviour is unnecessary.

The VR in 4.5+ supports aggregated execution of commands on VRs to allows us to achieve eventual
consistency of VR state without actually rebooting it, see this for details: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6047

Please share your comments on whether if we should revert the fix or not, and the best way
to do it. Thanks.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue