cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrig...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: [OVS] Provider is not offered via UI - in current Master
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 08:01:35 GMT
Jira was down earlier today, but now I was able to see the issue. It says:

[OVS][UI] Ovs provider should not be displayed in NetworkServiceProviders if the physical
network isolation type is VLAN

So, that’s for VLAN only. However, the code was commented out for everything! I already
tried GRE and it doesn’t appear.

I made it available again and will build and test.

What are your thoughts about pushing this code to master and reopening the issue? For me it
doesn’t make sense to simply remove the code and say that we won’t support SDN, when the
issue specifically says VLAN only.

Cheers,
Wilder

> On 05 Jun 2015, at 08:38, Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrigues@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I’m currently trying to test OVS in 4.6 (master). After going around and around trying
to understand why the OVS option is not available on the UI, I found this:

>            //CLOUDSTACK-6840: OVS refers to SDN provider. However, we are not supporting
SDN in this release.