cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <r...@remi.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release candidate 4.4.4
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 04:41:40 GMT
Hi Milamber,

I think it is new in 4.4.4, backported from master but Daan can confirm.

4.4.1 refers to the system vm template version and not per se to CloudStack 4.4.1. There is
no reason to upgrade it so it can stay at 4.4.1 again as the upgrade procedure is much easier
and faster without upgrading systemvms.

It is a great feature because it allows to upgrade the systemvm template regardless of CloudStack
version. Handy when there's a new glibc/shellshock alike issue.

But it should work transparently and not bug users. Will work with Daan today to fix it.

Same could be going on in 4.5 branch, will check that too.

Regards, Remi

Sent from my iPhone

> On 31 May 2015, at 19:50, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Remi,
>
> Ok thanks.
> I execute this SQL request below, and now it's works.
>

> INSERT INTO `cloud`.`configuration`(`category`, `instance`, `component`, `name`, `value`,
`description`, `default_value`, `updated`, `scope`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES('Advanced', 'DEFAULT',
'management-server', 'minreq.sysvmtemplate.version', '4.4.1', 'The minimal version for the
systemvm', '4.4.1', NULL, NULL, 0);

> If I understand well, this "bug"/missing entry in database exists since 4.4.2?
>

> @Daan, Probably it would be better to fix this before the 4.4.4 release?
>

> Milamber
>

>> On 31/05/2015 17:07, Remi Bergsma wrote:
>> Hi Milamber,
>>
>> It is a global setting, although it appears not to be present in the cloud.configuration
table by default (so you cannot find it). If you insert it, it works.

>> I also played with the upgrade and did insert the setting, since at work we had changed
the minimal version to a non standard 4.4.2 during a patch round. So I knew it wouldn't work
out of the box for me.

>> @daan: We might want to set the setting by default to 4.4.1 (in db) so upgrades work
out-of-the-box and you can control it from the global settings pane. This may also need some
attention in the docs. What do you think?

>> Regards, Remi
>>
>>> On 31 May 2015, at 17:36, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Rohit,

was set to 4.4.4, and I was using 4.4.1 template.
>>> Me too, all my tests failed because VR must be updated. I've past some hours
to find why (test with different systemvmtemplate file, re-install, etc.)

has been failing which might need to be fixed if we want 4.4.4 template:http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/

solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or
related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take
any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated