cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Commit to master through PR only
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 14:38:55 GMT
Folks,

A few of us are in Amsterdam at DevOps days. We are chatting about release management procedure.
Remi is working on a set of principles that he will put on the wiki to start a [DISCUSS].

However to get started on the right track. I would like to propose the following easy step:

Starting Monday June 29th (next monday):

- Only commit through PR will land on master (after a minimum of 2 LGTM and green Travis results)
- Direct commit will be reverted
- Any committer can merge the PR.

Goal being to start having a new practice -everything through PR for everyone- which is an
easy way to gate our own commits building up to a PR.

There is no tooling involved, just human agreement.

cheers,

-Sebastien