cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release candidate 4.4.4
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 05:40:02 GMT
Hi,

Looks like MinVRVersionCK (minreq.sysvmtemplate.version) setting is a ConfigKey, I’m not
sure about 4.4 but on 4.5/master it creates an entry in configuration table if unavailable.
If upgrading from 4.4.2/4.4.1 to 4.4.4 does not create this we can either add it in the upgrade
path or add in the release/upgrade notes. I think the default version of MinVRVersionCK for
4.4 should be 4.4.0 to use any 4.4 template.

I guess since it’s configuration related issue IMO there is no need to call off the RC voting,
unless of course we find a regression or blocker.

> On 01-Jun-2015, at 6:41 am, Remi Bergsma <remi@remi.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi Milamber,
>
> I think it is new in 4.4.4, backported from master but Daan can confirm.
>
> 4.4.1 refers to the system vm template version and not per se to CloudStack 4.4.1. There
is no reason to upgrade it so it can stay at 4.4.1 again as the upgrade procedure is much
easier and faster without upgrading systemvms.

> It is a great feature because it allows to upgrade the systemvm template regardless of
CloudStack version. Handy when there's a new glibc/shellshock alike issue.

> But it should work transparently and not bug users. Will work with Daan today to fix
it.

> Same could be going on in 4.5 branch, will check that too.
>
> Regards, Remi
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 31 May 2015, at 19:50, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Remi,
>>
>> Ok thanks.
>> I execute this SQL request below, and now it's works.
>>

>> INSERT INTO `cloud`.`configuration`(`category`, `instance`, `component`, `name`,
`value`, `description`, `default_value`, `updated`, `scope`, `is_dynamic`) VALUES('Advanced',
'DEFAULT', 'management-server', 'minreq.sysvmtemplate.version', '4.4.1', 'The minimal version
for the systemvm', '4.4.1', NULL, NULL, 0);

>> If I understand well, this "bug"/missing entry in database exists since 4.4.2?
>>

>> @Daan, Probably it would be better to fix this before the 4.4.4 release?
>>

>> Milamber
>>

>>> On 31/05/2015 17:07, Remi Bergsma wrote:
>>> Hi Milamber,
>>>
>>> It is a global setting, although it appears not to be present in the cloud.configuration
table by default (so you cannot find it). If you insert it, it works.

>>> I also played with the upgrade and did insert the setting, since at work we had
changed the minimal version to a non standard 4.4.2 during a patch round. So I knew it wouldn't
work out of the box for me.

>>> @daan: We might want to set the setting by default to 4.4.1 (in db) so upgrades
work out-of-the-box and you can control it from the global settings pane. This may also need
some attention in the docs. What do you think?

>>> Regards, Remi

setting was set to 4.4.4, and I was using 4.4.1 template.
to find why (test with different systemvmtemplate file, re-install, etc.)

4.4 has been failing which might need to be fixed if we want 4.4.4 template:http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/

solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or
related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take
any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com