cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.5.1
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 15:29:31 GMT
I have not had chance to test yet as in the middle of a big Government Cloud Project, but agree
with Marcus around voting.

A "-1" should only be cast (in my personal opinion) if we see a serious regression or there
is a major bug in a new feature.

If the regression has the potential to 'break' existing deployments then it’s a -1.

If the new feature has a major bug then we should either fix the new feature, or pull it from
the release.

Again only my personal opinions, but just wanted to chuck them out there.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus [mailto:shadowsor@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 May 2015 16:23
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.5.1

Oh, I didn't see a vote from you yet. I just wanted to get my opinion out.
There are some pretty critical fixes shipping in this build (clustered mgmt server is broken
in 4.5.0, for example), and I think we need to be more generous with shipping fixes in small
doses rather than blocking on known or existing issues.

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.