cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 4.5.1 announcement draft
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 07:23:36 GMT
Rohit, looks good to me

On May 11, 2015, at 9:03 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If the following announcement (draft) is alright, I would like to send it out later today
or tomorrow. Please review, thanks.

> Sally - can you too please have a look. Thanks.
>
>> On 08-May-2015, at 4:37 pm, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>
>> ##### Draft starts ####
>>
>> Apache CloudStack is open source software designed to deploy and manage large networks
of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
cloud computing platform. CloudStack is used by a number of service providers to offer public
cloud services, and by many companies to provide an on-premises (private) cloud offering,
or as part of a hybrid cloud solution. CloudStack became an Apache Top-level Project (TLP)
in March 2013.

>> The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the 4.5.1 release of the CloudStack,
the cloud orchestration platform. The 4.5.1 release contains more than 500 bug fixes since
the 4.4 release and represents over six months of work from the Apache CloudStack community
with new and improved features.

>> # Documentation
>>
>> What’s new in CloudStack 4.5:
>> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.5.1/about.html
>>
>> The 4.5.1 release notes includes full list of corrected issues as well as upgrade
instructions from previous versions of Apache CloudStack. Please see the Release Notes for
a full list of corrected issues and upgrade instructions:

>> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.5.1/
>>
>> The official installation, administration and API documentation for each release
are available on our Documentation Page.

>> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/
>>
>> # Downloads
>>
>> The official source code for the 4.5.1 release can be downloaded from our Downloads
Page.

>> http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
>>
>> # Availability and Oversight
>>
>> As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack v4.5.1 is released under the Apache
License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project.
A Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project’s day-to-day operations, including
community development and product releases. For documentation and to learn how to join and
contribute to the Apache CloudStack community please visit our website: http://cloudstack.apache.org

mailing list: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org

taking place 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin, Ireland. For more information, visit http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-europe

>> # About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
>>
>> Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees more than one hundred
and seventy leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP Server --the world's most
popular Web server software. Through the ASF's meritocratic process known as "The Apache Way,"
more than 400 individual Members and 3,500 Committers successfully collaborate to develop
freely available enterprise-grade software, benefiting millions of users worldwide: thousands
of software solutions are distributed under the Apache License; and the community actively
participates in ASF mailing lists, mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's
official user conference, trainings, and expo. The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) charitable organization,
funded by individual donations and corporate sponsors including Budget Direct, Citrix, Cloudera,
Comcast, Facebook, Google, Hortonworks, HP, Huawei, IBM, InMotion Hosting, Matt Mullenweg,
Microsoft, Pivotal, Produban, WANdisco, and Yahoo.

>> For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/ or follow @TheASF on Twitter.
>>
>> "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", and "ApacheCon" are trademarks of The
Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective
owners.

>> #### Draft ends #####
>
> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav