cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.5.1
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 13:09:46 GMT
Hi Rene,

The issue you had reported is reproducible when you have a 4.2.1 or 4.3.2 cloud database but
a 4.5.1 or 4.5.0 cloud_usage database, and you try to upgrade to ACS 4.5.1 that fails for
cloud_usage database (since it’s already 4.5.1). This could probably be the case in your
environment as well that caused those failures for you. I tested db upgrades today from ACS
and CCP 4.2 and 4.3 versions to ACS 4.5.1 on MySQL 5.5 and 5.6, and I think they work out
of the box with no changes needed.

> On 05-May-2015, at 1:01 pm, Rene Moser <mail@renemoser.net> wrote:
>
> Tested an update from 4.2.1 to 4.5.1 which failed because of 2 identical
> ALTER TABLE statements for cloud_usage in schema-421to430.sql and
> schema-430to440.sql
>
> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.5-RC20150504T1217/setup/db/db/schema-421to430.sql#L787
>
> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.5-RC20150504T1217/setup/db/db/schema-430to440.sql#L464
>
> Commenting it out in schema-430to440.sql fixed it the update. Not really
> sure if this would brake anything in other conditions.
>
> It is not really a problem of 4.5.1, so not vote against it.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com