cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Weber <terbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack Repackaging / Distro support
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 09:37:47 GMT
On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Rafael Fonseca <rsafonseca@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm reworking the packaging system in cloudstack, and would like to gather
> your opinion on the following:
>
> - Fedora 2x runs systemd's cockpit on port 9090 by default
>   This is a deal breaker for the cluster servlet port on this OS, the two
> possibilities would be to either pack changes to fedora's config on rpm
> install or simply change the servlet port to another one that does not
> clash on any distro.. any comments/suggestions?
>
> - Tomcat is not listening on port 80
>    Tomcat is using port 8080, which makes the user have to specify that in
> the browser.. should we change it? In ubuntu it's already running under
> jsvc, so it shouldn't be a problem.. same can be arranged for centos/other
> distros.

Is it possible to ask the user for this during installation and default to
either 80 or 8080? I know Debian has a way to interact with the user during
install, not sure about RedHat.

I don't know the rationale behind putting it on port 8080 in the first
place, but personally I don't see a problem moving it to port 80.

> - No link on the tomcat root (http://management-server/ can link
> internally
> to http://management-server/client , this makes it easier for new users
> who
> don't know the URL for the UI :)

Sounds like a good idea to me, I always forget to add /client when I browse
to new installations.

--
Erik