cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secondary Storage vlan/routing question
Date Sat, 02 May 2015 15:38:20 GMT
Sorry, fast fingers...:

My question:

Since I already provisioned vlan interfaces for Public and (Secondary)
Storage networks - should I not define VLAN/VNI for these 2 networks,
during creation of new Zone in ACS ? My understanding is that I dont need
to define it, based on what I know on how ACS provision vlan interfaces...

Another question:
- I see while defining Secondary Storage net - I need to define GTW - is
this GTW really used for anything - I read some docs, but still I'm not
clear on this part...
Because:
All KVM hosts are dirrectly attached to management, primary storage,
secondary stroage networks - and I understadn SSVM will be also attached to
both management and the secondary straoge networks as well - so why is GTW
needed if no routing is needed in betwenn ?

Thanks,
Andrija

--

Andrija Panić