cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 4.5.1 announcement draft
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 12:49:05 GMT
Please help review the following draft and advise some quotes: (I hope at least Sebastien can
share his quotes as our project VP)

##### START

Apache CloudStack is open source software designed to deploy and manage large networks of
virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
cloud computing platform. CloudStack is used by a number of service providers to offer public
cloud services, and by many companies to provide an on-premises (private) cloud offering,
or as part of a hybrid cloud solution. CloudStack became an Apache Top-level Project (TLP)
in March 2013.

The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the 4.5.1 release of the CloudStack,
the cloud orchestration platform. The 4.5.1 release contains more than 500 bug fixes since
the 4.4 release. <<ADD QUOTES from REAL WORLD users, COMMUNITY and PMC such as -- "We
are proud to announce CloudStack v4.5.1," said Sebastien Goasguen, Vice President of Apache
CloudStack. "This release represents over six months of work from the Apache CloudStack community
with many new and improved features.">>

# Documentation

What’s new in CloudStack 4.5:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.5.1/about.html

The 4.5.1 release notes includes full list of corrected issues as well as upgrade instructions
from previous versions of Apache CloudStack. Please see the Release Notes for a full list
of corrected issues and upgrade instructions:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.5.1/

The official installation, administration and API documentation for each release are available
on our Documentation Page.

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/

# Downloads

The official source code for the 4.5.1 release can be downloaded from our Downloads Page.

http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

# Availability and Oversight

As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack v4.5.1 is released under the Apache License
v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. A Project
Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project’s day-to-day operations, including community
development and product releases. For documentation and to learn how to join and contribute
to the Apache CloudStack community please visit our website: http://cloudstack.apache.org

For additional marketing or communications information, please contact the marketing mailing
list: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org

Join members of the Apache CloudStack community at the CloudStack Collaboration Conference,
taking place 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin, Ireland. For more information, visit http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-europe

# About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)

Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees more than one hundred and seventy
leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP Server --the world's most popular Web
server software. Through the ASF's meritocratic process known as "The Apache Way," more than
400 individual Members and 3,500 Committers successfully collaborate to develop freely available
enterprise-grade software, benefiting millions of users worldwide: thousands of software solutions
are distributed under the Apache License; and the community actively participates in ASF mailing
lists, mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's official user conference, trainings,
and expo. The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) charitable organization, funded by individual donations
and corporate sponsors including Budget Direct, Citrix, Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook, Google,
Hortonworks, HP, Huawei, IBM, InMotion Hosting, Matt Mullenweg, Microsoft, Pivotal, Produban,
WANdisco, and Yahoo.

For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/ or follow @TheASF on Twitter.

"Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", and "ApacheCon" are trademarks of The Apache
Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective
owners.

##### END

> On 07-May-2015, at 3:53 pm, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> The ACS 4.5.1 candidate has passed, I’ve shared the voting result, pushed the 4.5.1
tag and moved the source tarballs to release site for the mirrors to catchup. Meanwhile I'm
working on the announcement email and release notes and I would like your help.

> For this, I would like to welcome any members from the community, especially PMC members
and "real world" users to share any of their comments or feedback on ACS 4.5.1 release, to
be included in the announcement.

> I’ll shortly share a draft for your review. Thanks.
>
> (If you’re replying, please make sure to reply to all or at least include marketing@).
>
> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue