cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Raja Pullela <raja.pull...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: marvin test cases + travis
Date Sat, 02 May 2015 04:52:38 GMT
-1 for the time...
since these tests run independently if we can spawn more threads/vms to bring down the run
time, that will be good.
Another thing that can be looked at the run only tests in SMOKE folder.
BTW, more tests in  "SMOKE"  should be added on a continuous basis.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajani Karuturi [mailto:rajani@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, May 1, 2015 11:09 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: marvin test cases + travis

-1 on increasing the time
As a reviewer, I would like an immediate response on a pull request. By the time I review
the code, if CI gives a +1(or -1) I can close the PR then and there instead of coming back
again to merge.

I would suggest running all the jobs under 30 min and increasing the number of parallel jobs
as much as possible. we are running 10 jobs now. may be we could increase this to 15(dont
know if this is possible)

we should aim to run only the smoke tests and not the entire regression suite always.

Making the jobs run on containers will speed them up. This needs some work on removing the
sudo dependency on the jobs (which is required to install some additional packages and marvin).

~Rajani

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Abhinandan Prateek < abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

> +1 for increased timeouts.
>
> At the moment we get less than 24 commits per day on master. Only a
> couple on other branches per day.
> We can increase the timeout to upto 70 minutes or more. Will try to
> ensure that in general a single run does not take more than an hour.
>
> A timeout window slightly higher will ensure that we do not see
> timeout failures.
>
> > On 30-Apr-2015, at 11:25 pm, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Travis is starting to indue the, 'oh,  a timeout again' - blindness
> > in
> me.
> > Let's put a safe time on it.  A result should mean something and
> > those
> time
> > out are like the (decreasing) abundance of Jenkins failures.
> >
> > So +1 for increasing the time

> >> From my experience I wouldn't say its required however *it would be
> >> very nice*.
> >> At the moment what we do is create new parallel jobs and balance
> >> the tests across them so each job is under 50mins.
> >>
> >> Anywho, just my 2c, see what others say/think.

> >> start timing out.
> >> fine.

> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/b941480e0df0bfa3377e797126
> b96cf9b3fbee77

> >> [smoke,component]/testname

> >> name
> in
> >> the

test case in
> >> output (

can still be
> >> included
go ahead and
> >> more. If
travis.

of CloudStack
> related

> >> http://secure-web.cisco.com/1GXeDjw2Umr-XP9XXMKFefUuyHaoEAFH2C24w17
> >> S6UukIHMtPURriARhRUVilcpixurdOtbT5hmYT9fXBiq3x-6nzhy5Ys7pfxDhnjGXzM
> >> wVtXXcmA-W2A3oEj7yQnkgFQ1RiCI75gXRMVRLAXFMu36L22FcSUA06sSzHb4ek7eND
> >> oJaMGJwGZeYJLl9Kw4ys/http%3A%2F%2Fshapeblue.com%2Fcloudstack-consul
> >> tancy%2F>

confidential
it is addressed.
> Any