cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: Unable to mount Secondary Storage on SSVM
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 13:50:16 GMT

Srini,

you need to make sure the nfs server is configured properly to allow access from SSVM, as
you can see, the access is denied. please check that the nfs server supports the same protocol
version as ssvm is requesting. Most likely, it's nfs v3.

Check logs on the nfs server to verify why it is denying access.

Once this is fixed, you should be good to go.

Andrei

----- Original Message -----
From: "srinivas niddapu" <srini@axiomio.com>
To: "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>, dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Friday, 8 May, 2015 2:03:10 PM
Subject: RE: Unable to mount Secondary Storage on SSVM

Appreciated info Rohit.

As we verified our NFS storage there is no permission restrictions (* FULL ACCESS).
Validated the same NFS share on the Cloud Stack Hypervisors, already mounted and data visible.

We try to mount the NFS volume in the SSVM manually but its throwing error. Unable to mount.
"mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting"

While restoring snapshot in the CloudStack UI getting below error.

Status
Failed to create templatecom.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: GetRootDir for nfs://172.30.36.51/vS02304090GCSP_NAS07
failed due to com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to mount 172.30.36.51:/vS02304090GCSP_NAS07
at /mnt/SecStorage/1c7f122c-e72e-3daa-a54a-3693b89d4015 due to mount.nfs: access denied by
server while mounting 172.30.36.51:/vS02304090GCSP_NAS07 at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.getRootDir(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:1956)
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.copySnapshotToTemplateFromNfsToNfsXenserver(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:377)
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.copySnapshotToTemplateFromNfsToNfs(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:444)
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.createTemplateFromSnapshot(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:553)
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.execute(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:632)
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.executeRequest(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:236)
at com.cloud.storage.resource.PremiumSecondaryStorageResource.defaultAction(PremiumSecondaryStorageResource.java:63)
at com.cloud.storage.resource.PremiumSecondaryStorageResource.executeRequest(PremiumSecondaryStorageResource.java:59)
at com.cloud.agent.Agent.processRequest(Agent.java:498) at com.cloud.agent.Agent$AgentRequestHandler.doTask(Agent.java:806)
at com.cloud.utils.nio.Task.run(Task.java:83) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Any suggestions.