cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release candidate 4.4.4
Date Sun, 31 May 2015 17:50:27 GMT
Hello Remi,

Ok thanks.
I execute this SQL request below, and now it's works.

INSERT INTO `cloud`.`configuration`(`category`, `instance`, `component`,
`name`, `value`, `description`, `default_value`, `updated`, `scope`,
`is_dynamic`) VALUES('Advanced', 'DEFAULT', 'management-server',
'minreq.sysvmtemplate.version', '4.4.1', 'The minimal version for the
systemvm', '4.4.1', NULL, NULL, 0);

If I understand well, this "bug"/missing entry in database exists since
4.4.2?

@Daan, Probably it would be better to fix this before the 4.4.4 release?

Milamber

On 31/05/2015 17:07, Remi Bergsma wrote:
> Hi Milamber,
>
> It is a global setting, although it appears not to be present in the cloud.configuration
table by default (so you cannot find it). If you insert it, it works.

> I also played with the upgrade and did insert the setting, since at work we had changed
the minimal version to a non standard 4.4.2 during a patch round. So I knew it wouldn't work
out of the box for me.

> @daan: We might want to set the setting by default to 4.4.1 (in db) so upgrades work
out-of-the-box and you can control it from the global settings pane. This may also need some
attention in the docs. What do you think?

> Regards, Remi
>
>> On 31 May 2015, at 17:36, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Rohit,
>>
>>> On 31/05/2015 11:57, Rohit Yadav wrote:
>>> +1 (binding)
>>>
>>> Here’s a test repository you can use for convenience built out of this tag/RC:
>>> http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/
>>>
>>> Deployed Basic Zone with/without SG, tested vm lifecycle.
>>>
>>> The VM deployment failed for me as minreq.sysvmtemplate.version global setting
was set to 4.4.4, and I was using 4.4.1 template.
>> Me too, all my tests failed because VR must be updated. I've past some hours to find
why (test with different systemvmtemplate file, re-install, etc.)

been failing which might need to be fixed if we want 4.4.4 template:http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/