cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to mount Secondary Storage on SSVM
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 20:46:28 GMT
Make sure that management network/range of IPs that VM and Storage
Network (if you have one), is whitelisted as NFS access clients on the
export.

If that fails, try also adding public ip range to see if that helps - as
a test.

Regards
ilya
On 5/8/15 6:50 AM, Andrei Mikhailovsky wrote:
> Srini,
>
> you need to make sure the nfs server is configured properly to allow access from SSVM,
as you can see, the access is denied. please check that the nfs server supports the same protocol
version as ssvm is requesting. Most likely, it's nfs v3.

> Check logs on the nfs server to verify why it is denying access.
>
> Once this is fixed, you should be good to go.
>
> Andrei

for nfs://172.30.36.51/vS02304090GCSP_NAS07 failed due to com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException:
Unable to mount 172.30.36.51:/vS02304090GCSP_NAS07 at /mnt/SecStorage/1c7f122c-e72e-3daa-a54a-3693b89d4015
due to mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 172.30.36.51:/vS02304090GCSP_NAS07
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.getRootDir(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:1956)
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.copySnapshotToTemplateFromNfsToNfsXenserver(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:377)
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.copySnapshotToTemplateFromNfsToNfs(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:444)
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.createTemplateFromSnapshot(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:553)
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.execute(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:632)
at org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.executeRequest(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:236)
at com.cloud.storage.resource.PremiumSecondaryStorageResource.defaultAction(PremiumSecondaryStorageResource.java:63)
at com.cloud.storage.resource.PremiumSecondaryStorageResource.executeRequest(PremiumSecondaryStorageResource.java:59)
at com.cloud.agent.Agent.processRequest(Agent.java:498) at com.cloud.agent.Agent$AgentRequestHandler.doTask(Agent.java:806)
at com.cloud.utils.nio.Task.run(Task.java:83) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

> Any suggestions.