cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unmanaged hosts on vmware
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 03:52:16 GMT
A bit late on response here...

When you unmanage, hosts should become disconnected as cloudstack no
longer "manages" them.

To best of my knowledge, all the communication goes over SDK to vCenter.
There is no direct communication between ESXi hosts and CloudStack
(except for console proxy, but even that i still somewhat limit and used
only for VNC).

CloudStack queries vCenter for the status of ESXi host.

Regards
ilya