cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing on website?
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 19:03:01 GMT

On May 11, 2015, at 6:29 PM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On May 11, 2015, at 4:59 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
>>
>> So - you can now have git based websites [1]
>>
>> Those websites will publish as soon as something hits the git repo in
>> the proper branch. Note, that it won't build for you, like GH does -
>> but presumably you are using middleman to build - so build locally,
>> commit changes and woot, you published.
>>
>> [1] https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/git_based_websites_available
>>

> David, I will buy you one month supply of club soda for this email :)
>
> Thank you, this is christmas.
>
> I submitted a ticket to migrate, will update everyone once its done.

For the impatient:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack-www.git

More tomorrow, once github mirroring has synced.

but BTW it's live now…no more apache CMS and SVN….time for a beer !

pushed changes on gh-pages already, the cms.apache.org/cloudstack checkout looks older. Any
additional build steps to make it live?

>>> I replied to u privately but for the benefit of everyone:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Managing+the+Apache+CloudStack+Web+Site
>>>
>>> -the gh-pages is a WIP, it cannot be used for cloudstack due to SSL certs etc,
I need to circle back with David on this.
>>> -But the html pages that are there are built with middleman which I did put in
svn
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack/site/middleman/
>>>
>>> *but* the middleman site is not yet what is used for the production site. So
you need to check out:

>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack/site/trunk/
>>>
>>> This is the source of truth and follow the wiki to make changes.
>>>
>>> Ideally of course, we would use middleman and a webhoook to automatically push
the built pages to github and host everything there…but...

>>> Any help welcome !

solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or
related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take
any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated