cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <r...@remi.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release candidate 4.4.4
Date Sun, 31 May 2015 16:07:23 GMT
Hi Milamber,

It is a global setting, although it appears not to be present in the cloud.configuration table
by default (so you cannot find it). If you insert it, it works.

I also played with the upgrade and did insert the setting, since at work we had changed the
minimal version to a non standard 4.4.2 during a patch round. So I knew it wouldn't work out
of the box for me.

@daan: We might want to set the setting by default to 4.4.1 (in db) so upgrades work out-of-the-box
and you can control it from the global settings pane. This may also need some attention in
the docs. What do you think?

Regards, Remi

> On 31 May 2015, at 17:36, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Rohit,
>
>> On 31/05/2015 11:57, Rohit Yadav wrote:
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> Here’s a test repository you can use for convenience built out of this tag/RC:
>> http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/
>>
>> Deployed Basic Zone with/without SG, tested vm lifecycle.
>>
>> The VM deployment failed for me as minreq.sysvmtemplate.version global setting was
set to 4.4.4, and I was using 4.4.1 template.

> Me too, all my tests failed because VR must be updated. I've past some hours to find
why (test with different systemvmtemplate file, re-install, etc.)

failing which might need to be fixed if we want 4.4.4 template:http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/