cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RFC: Removing 1M lines of junk
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 17:23:14 GMT
Hi all,

I was testing awsapi with 4.5 today and it just did not work for me, after few hours I gave
up and used ec2stack which worked out of the box and certainly felt more friendly to work
with. I remembered we discussed removing awsapi but then the momentum never precipitated into
action, so I spent some time today to cleanly remove awsapi and making sure it has a cleanup
upgrade path and does not break the builds or the packaging. (Also found and fixed a debian
build issue that someone recently reported, noredist builds being broken)

Here is the PR: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/216
Here is a repo from the branch to prove that package works too: http://packages.bhaisaab.org/cloudstack/nukeawsapi

As Sebastien has asked me to hold on this for few days, I hope to merge this next week or
later; but before that happends please feel free to share any comments, questions. Thanks.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com