cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject SG not working with 6.5 and PR review
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:57:00 GMT
Hi all,

We discovered that Security Groups don’t work in ACS 4.5+ when used with XenServer 6.5 due
to ipset, sm/util.py changes. I’ve opened the issue here which was found to be reproducible
by my colleagues Geoff and Abhi:

I’ve tried to fix it in a way such that vmops plugin would work on both XS 6.2 and 6.5 releases,
here's the PR: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/186

One of the major changes it introduces it to use “nethash” instead of “iphash” when
storing CIDRs received as part of a ingress/egress rule. I’m not sure how it will affect
users that will upgrade to ACS 4.5, as a precaution I’ve added a change to flush and remove
old ipset entry before adding a new one. (Assuming all network rule addition/removals are
idempotent, as everytime we add/remove a rule, all rules are sent to be applied by the XS
vmops plugins).

Tim - since you’re one of the Xen gurus can you help review it and suggest any other changes?

I wanted to bring this issue on dev ML since it’s a potential blocker for 4.5. I’m not
sure if we officially support XS 6.5 on 4.4 branch, but if needed once we have a reviewed
commit it can be cherry-picked on 4.4 as well.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com