cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Simulator.
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 04:33:09 GMT
After you have run deployDataCenter.py, it is possible to do VM/volume/network related operations
from UI.

From: Jeronimo Garcia [mailto:garciaj.uk@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 7 April 2015 17:25
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Simulator.

One more:
Why "Simulator" isn't available on the gui (in the cluster creation part) , i know automated
tests don't use the GUI but it would be handy anyways..
Having said that the api call supports it:
[Inline image 1]

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Jeronimo Garcia <garciaj.uk@gmail.com<mailto:garciaj.uk@gmail.com>>
wrote:
fantastic , i got it running using the basic marvin file:
python ../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i ../../setup/dev/basic.cfg

Thanks again!

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com<mailto:abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com>>
wrote:
Check this wiki https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Validating+check-ins+for+your+local+changes%2C+using+Simulator

With simulator you do not need any real hardware/hosts.

-abhi

> On 07-Apr-2015, at 4:56 pm, Jeronimo Garcia <garciaj.uk@gmail.com<mailto:garciaj.uk@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> When using the simulator , Do you need to have a real host connected to
> your cluster to get mocked results? seems a bit odd.
>
> Thanks!!

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build/>>

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.