cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Laszlo Hornyak <laszlo.horn...@gmail.com>
Subject getting rid of 3rd party repositories (ceph, libvirt)
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 19:12:30 GMT
Hi,

I have uploaded the libvirt dependency to maven central and you should
never get the maven failure if the libvirt.org server goes down, it will be
downloaded from central. I have sent a PR (#180) to remove the libvirt.org
repository from the build.

With ceph.org the situation:
- I have requested permission to publish like with libvirt, my request was
rejected since the ceph.com team holds ownership
- The only solution from here is to change the groupId of the dependency.
- org.apache.* is very likely no go, it is owned by apache, artifacts are
synchonrized to central through the apache repository, which is for apache
artifacts only.
- we can upload with a new groupId - suggestions are welcome

Regards,
Laszlo
--

EOF