cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do the committers generally merge the pull requests?
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:12:07 GMT
I would actually review on github and then apply the git pull command
line shown in the mail. Next I would test and push to wip-us...

I documented this in the qa pages ( a while ago, might be up for revision)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Gaurav Aradhye
<gaurav.aradhye@clogeny.com> wrote:
> Should I add this to any existing/new wiki page?
>
> Regards,
> Gaurav Aradhye
>
> On Apr 14, 2015, at 6:34 PM, Gaurav Aradhye <gaurav.aradhye@clogeny.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Sebastien for detailed steps!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gaurav Aradhye

patch locally and then committing it?

>>> personally I do this:
>>>
>>> wget  https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/166.patch
>>> review patch manually
>>> git apply —check….
>>>
>>> then
>>>
>>> git am -s < 166.patch
>>>
>>> git rebase -i (to squash if needed and edit commit message…)
>>>
>>> git commit —amend allows you to edit the commit message, that’s where you
add the “This closes #xyz” , remember to leave the original message…

--
Daan