cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Gaurav Aradhye <gaurav.arad...@clogeny.com>
Subject Re: [marvin tests] interpreting results
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:51:47 GMT
Hi Abhi,

FAILED indicates it’s an assertion error. Even if the test case is expecting a failure,
it must have been written in such a way that when an operation fails, test case passes.
Here it indicates that operation which should have failed has succeeded, might be a product
issue.

Exception indicates there is an unexpected exception in the code, other than assertions.

Can you please share the detailed logs from failed_plus_exceptions.txt file in the log folder?

Regards,
Gaurav Aradhye

On Apr 24, 2015, at 4:04 PM, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Have been trying to run some marvin test cases. Need to know how to interpret the result.
>
> On running test cases I see several success and failure messages. Lets take example of
each from output of
> /root/cloudstack/test/integration/component/test_acl_isolatednetwork.py on ACS 4.5, taking
a sample from output:

> === TestName: test_02_createNetwork_admin_foruserinsamedomain | Status : SUCCESS ===
>
> ***The above says the test case is successful, basically the functionality works.
>
> === TestName: test_09_createNetwork_user_foruserinsamedomain | Status : FAILED ===
>
> ***From the code it appears that the test is expected to fail, this also means the test
case is successful.

> === TestName: test_12_deployvm_admin_foruserinsamedomain | Status : EXCEPTION ===
>
> ****I assume this means the test case did not execute successfully ? If it is on a fresh
environment will that mean something is wrong with the test itself ?

> Can someone share some gyan on above ?
>
> -abhi

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.