cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Trouble detaching volume
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 11:56:26 GMT
Hi Erik,

Looking at the NPE and code, looks like the volumePool returned using the volume’s pool
ID was null. While the surface issue seems to be solvable by simply adding a != null check.
Can you share if the volume (you were trying to detach) has NULL as the pool_id in db or if
the storage pool was removed?

Possible fixes could be following, though I’m not sure if we should be searching from storagePool
table including those which are removed or simply use the !=null check :

-        StoragePoolVO volumePool = _storagePoolDao.findById(volume.getPoolId());
+        StoragePoolVO volumePool = _storagePoolDao.findByIdIncludingRemoved(volume.getPoolId());

        if (hostId != null) {
            host = _hostDao.findById(hostId);

-            if (host != null && host.getHypervisorType() == HypervisorType.XenServer
&& volumePool.isManaged()) {
+            if (host != null && host.getHypervisorType() == HypervisorType.XenServer
&& volumePool != null && volumePool.isManaged()) {
                sendCommand = true;
            }

Regards.

> On 09-Apr-2015, at 5:00 pm, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> While testing 4.5.1 RC2 I see this when trying to detach a volume:
> http://pastebin.com/E4kRdVBr
>
> Can't say if it's regression or not, but any help solving it is appreciated
> :-)
>
> --
> Erik

Regards,