cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Raja Pullela <raja.pull...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: OVM3 test failures
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 04:20:48 GMT
Cool, thank you for the update! Will check out this in the morning.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daan Hoogland [mailto:daan.hoogland@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2015 2:10 AM
To: Funs Kessen
Cc: Raja Pullela; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: OVM3 test failures

Funs, so you were not jumping a canon. The problem seems to me to be in the jenkins job in
context of the marvin module. The tests from
ovm3 themselves do pass. I did some tinkering with jenkins.bac.o and wil keep at it to get
the red removed from the report page. I saw similar problems in jenkins.bac.o and am addressing
those now. I will do the builds.a.o job next.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Funs Kessen <funs@barred.org> wrote:
> Daan,
>
> I can confirm that a fresh checkout of master and a build of marvin
> after the apidoc works for me too.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Funs
>
>> On 16 Apr 2015, at 21:46, Funs Kessen <funs@barred.org> wrote:
>>
>> Daan,
>>
>> I did the same, but noticed it’s the cloudstack-marvin plugin, so am
>> doing it again to figure out what’s going on there to see if I didn’t jump the
gun with my comment.

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Funs
>>
>>> On 16 Apr 2015, at 21:35, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Funs,Raja,
>>>
>>> I did some more investigation. The issue has no relation to the
>>> change mentioned by e indeed but neither to the latest commits. It
>>> runs on my laptop (TM) so I suspect a problem on the jenkins slave
>>> or an false assumption about the slaves in the tests. We'll need to
>>> investigate further. I look at other marvin jobs. At first glance
>>> they all seem to feel. (4.4, 4.5 etc.)

to figure out what your commit triggers that causes it to fail I guess as prior to that stuff
seemed to work (tm).

them in code and run again but wanted to alert you to this.

would I go about getting this fix?

Of

a search and replace and then noticed I broke something and fixed it with another commit.

on it, I crushed the fix as it was wrong. I’ve fixed it by setting the separator hard, and
not to File.separator.

and not on Windows so using File.separator will just break things instead of making it work,
as the code should not be platform independent but specifically for the Agent.

resolve the issues on Windows.

and my apologies in advance!

cs;)

in the tests themselves actually as you’ve noticed, so I’ll have to place the File.seperator
there too in XenTest.java.

branch so you can pick it out ?

sure I don’t have

by adding