cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 07:59:39 GMT
Hi Lucian,

I’ve tried to setup a similar environment and tried upgrading 4.4.1 (KVM+local storage)
to 4.5.1 and I could not reproduce it even after two clean attempts. I read through the logs
and the only local storage path I found was: 5da7e725-d33a-43f8-afc7-d0ee0741bdb3 (1707.cloud.priv).

The logs you shared are only include things after the upgrade. Can you grep the logs before
you did the upgrade searching for “/var/lib/libvirt/images” or any local storage related
to hostname 1707.cloud.priv. Also, can you share the db results of: select * from cloud.storage_pool;

Lastly, even if you see two local storage pools - does it cause failure of any normal vm lifecycle
operations?

> On 09-Apr-2015, at 8:35 pm, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> Ok,
>
> I dropped all DBs, rm -rf `rpm -ql cloudstack*`, rm -rf /etc/cloudstack then installed
4.4.1, added some templates, made sure everything runs ok then upgraded to your 4.5.1 packages.
>
> I ended up again with duplicated storage pools like in the case above.
> Agent.properties looks like this:
> #Storage
> #Thu Apr 09 14:18:35 BST 2015
> guest.network.device=br0
> workers=5
> private.network.device=br0
> port=8250
> resource=com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource
> pod=1
> zone=1
> hypervisor.type=kvm
> guid=b1095892-3100-3d78-955f-7e39648c4898
> public.network.device=br0
> cluster=1
> local.storage.uuid=51b13fc9-5ce4-466e-a836-7302e7516f02
> domr.scripts.dir=scripts/network/domr/kvm
> LibvirtComputingResource.id=1
> host=10.10.175.227
>
>
> Management & agent logs from the moment I started the services with the upgraded
version:
> http://tmp.nux.ro/dwes-management-server.log
> http://tmp.nux.ro/dwes-agent.log
>
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>
> Nux!
> www.nux.ro
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Nux!" <nux@li.nux.ro>
>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Sent: Thursday, 9 April, 2015 14:09:20
>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2
>
>> Rohit,
>>
>> This is KVM/CentOS6/Adv+SG. 1 VM running management + 1 bare metal HV.
>>
>> I'm reinstalling now from your repo, start with 4.4.1 (what I have in prod) and
>> try to upgrade to 4.5.1.
>>
>> --
>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>
>> Nux!
>> www.nux.ro
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>> Sent: Thursday, 9 April, 2015 13:35:55
>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2
>>
>>> Hi Lucian,
>>>
>>> 2 out 3 is still bad, when you upgrade do you use fresh hosts? Was it a basic
>>> zone/advance zone? I only have one baremetal host to test it, while I can try
>>> to reproduce the issue you’re facing using two or more devcloud-kvms. Please
>>> advise.
>>>
>>> I fixed an issue where local storage pool uuids were created using hostname
>>> instead of them being random, could this have caused the regression:
>>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/bf17f640c679bab1bd740d4eb068deb1bc2eb3af
>>>
>>> With the above fix, what I did was to use random UUID instead of creating one
>>> using the local storage path since it fails a case for me when I tried to add
>>> two different hosts with same hostname.
>>>
>>>
>>>> On 09-Apr-2015, at 5:39 pm, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Thanks Rohit,
>>>>
>>>> This is not very reproductible. Out of 3 times I tried, 2 of the upgrades
>>>> resulted in duplicated local storage pools.
>>>>
>>>> I'll test some more today.
>>>>
>>>> Which patches exactly have you added? I am not sure I am supposed to test
your
>>>> packages at this point since it's essentially different code from what David
>>>> cut ...
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>>>
>>>> Nux!
>>>> www.nux.ro
>>>>
>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>> From: "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>> Sent: Thursday, 9 April, 2015 12:47:46
>>>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Lucian,
>>>>>
>>>>> Can you share how we can reproduce the issue? I’m unable to simply
reproduce the
>>>>> issue. I’ve though fixed two other issues.
>>>>>
>>>>> I’ve now rebuilt the repository with two recent fixes on top of 4.5.1
RC2:
>>>>> http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/
>>>>>
>>>>> In case the local storage issue is environment related I suggest we continue
>>>>> testing and report regressions/issues that need to be fixed before we
have a
>>>>> next RC3 voting thread.
>>>>>
>>>>>> On 08-Apr-2015, at 8:53 pm, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -1
>>>>>>
>>>>>> After upgrade from both 4.4.3 and 4.4.1 I ended up with the same
local storage
>>>>>> pool registered 2 times.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Check the screenshot http://i.imgur.com/24Z2MXY.png that's the same
server, the
>>>>>> same local storage, listed 2 times, with different IDs.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Nux!
>>>>>> www.nux.ro
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>>>> From: "Mike Tutkowski" <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com>
>>>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, 8 April, 2015 15:43:31
>>>>>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I see the following GUI error when I delete a volume (although
the delete
>>>>>>> actually works):
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Unable to execute API command queryasyncjobresult due to invalid
value.
>>>>>>> Invalid parameter jobid value=undefined due to incorrect long
value format,
>>>>>>> or entity does not exist or due to incorrect parameter annotation
for the
>>>>>>> field in api cmd class.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Is anyone else able to reproduce this?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:58 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us>
wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi All,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I've created a 4.5.1 release candidate, with the following
artifacts
>>>>>>>> up for a vote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Git Branch and Commit SH:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.5-RC20150407T1726
>>>>>>>> Commit: 930d1fcba2abdb8229441fd0344518ca679f3d22
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Source release (checksums and signatures are available at
the same
>>>>>>>> location):
>>>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.5.1-rc2/
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> PGP release keys (signed using 0x6fe50f1c):
>>>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be
sure to
>>>>>>>> indicate "(binding)" with their vote?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> [ ] +1  approve
>>>>>>>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>>>>>>>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>>>>>> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>>>>>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>>>>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>>>>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>>>>>>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Rohit Yadav
>>>>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>>>> M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>>>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>>>>>
>>>>> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>>>>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
>>>>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>>>>> CloudStack Software
>>>>> Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
>>>>> CloudStack Infrastructure
>>>>> Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>>>>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>>>
>>>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
solely
>>>>> for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
>>>>> expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those
>>>>> of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient
>>>>> of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents,
nor
>>>>> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you
have
>>>>> received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated
in
>>>>> England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated
in
>>>>> India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil
>>>>> Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated
under
>>>>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered
by
>>>>> The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue
Ltd.
>>>>> ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Rohit Yadav
>>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>> M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>>>
>>> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
>>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>>> CloudStack Software
>>> Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
>>> CloudStack Infrastructure
>>> Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>
>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
>>> for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
>>> expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
>>> of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient
>>> of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor
>>> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have
>>> received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in
>>> England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in
>>> India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil
>>> Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under
>>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by
>>> The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
>>> ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab



Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England
& Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated
under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated
in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company
registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
Mime
View raw message