cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <r...@remi.nl>
Subject Re: CentOS 7 KVM Agent installation fails
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 20:11:17 GMT
Hi Wido,

Take them from here:
http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/job/package-centos7-4.4-noredist/ <http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/job/package-centos7-4.4-noredist/>

or here:
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/centos/4.4/7/ <http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/centos/4.4/7/>

Worked for me.

Regards,
Remi

> On 21 Apr 2015, at 20:10 , Remi Bergsma <remi@remi.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The RPM’s I use were baked from the 4.4 branch (4.4.3-SNAPSHOT) a few weeks back. Hence,
the now released 4.4.3 should also work. Marcus is right, the dependency is now on ‘java
>= 1.7.0’.
>
> CentOS 7 support was needed in our setup and Daan helped me backport the needed changes
from to 4.4. This allowed me to test in a production-like environment and fix whatever did
not work properly. These patches are included in 4.4.3. Even though it runs fine now, we will
probably find some new issues over time so I can understand the ’tech preview’ status.

> If you need more info or help, drop me a line.
>
> Regards,
> Remi
>

>> On 21 Apr 2015, at 18:38 , Marcus <shadowsor@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This requires has actually bitten us in the past. It needs to change
>> to 'java-1.7.0', because 'java7' isn't satisfied by anything in EL7,
>> and 'java >= 1.7.0' actually is satisfied by java 1.6 due to epoch
>> issues.
>>
>> That said, EL7 support was considered 'tech preview' even with 4.5,
>> I'm not sure what the status of it is in 4.4.
>>
>> Also, in 4.5 we use packaging/centos63/package.sh -o rhel7. I haven't
>> researched why/when this was added here or if it is applicable to 4.4,
>> but it works.
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 9:17 AM, Remi Bergsma <remi@remi.nl> wrote:
>>> There are some fixes in 4.4.3 for kvm on CentOS7 so that's a good idea.
>>>
>>> Regards, Remi
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or
related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take
any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated